Solar Pool Heating:
You can significantly reduce swimming pool heating costs by installing a solar pool heater. Solar pool heating systems are cost competitive with both gas and heat pump pool heaters, and they have very low annual operating costs. Actually, solar pool heating is the most cost-effective use of solar energy in many climates.
How A Solar Pool Heating System Works
Most Solar Pool Heating Systems Include:
- A solar collector -- the device through which pool water is circulated to be heated by the sun
- A filter -- removes debris before water is pumped through the collector
- A pump -- circulates water through the filter and collector and back to the pool
- A flow control valve -- automatic or manual device that diverts pool water through the solar collector.
Pool water is pumped through the filter and then through the solar collector(s), where it is heated before it is returned to the pool.
Other Reasons to Heat Your Pool with a Solar Pool Heating System:
- Zero Fuel Bills
- Double your swim season
- Solar adds 10-15 degrees compared to an unheated pool
If you're in interested in exploring how a solar pool heating system can work for you, please call us or Click here for a free Quote